Thursday 21 January 2010

Dead Space



I'll say one thing about Dead Space, it's just fantastic. Sure I'll end it there but that won't be much of a review isn't it? No I think I'll give yous loyal readers a belief history the Dead Space hype back in 08, So anyway. This groundbreaking game came from EA of all people. Seriously this is a video game promotion who usually does over-hyped and/or overrated sports titles, NFS and of course the Medal Of Honour series which is so overdone and tiresome. Basically this company's money whoring games where the SOS (Same Old Shit) and for a long time I was anti-EA. But then all of a sudden in 2008 I hear this new game called Dead Space was coming soon. Since I'm a big fan of horror games like Resi, Silent Hill and so forth. I thought to myself "I should check this out", but the EA label was shining at the end and the beginning of the trailer and also make me think "Hmm hope they nail this" cause the game is promising to be the next big thing in horror games. Even top critics like IGN & Gamespot were saying the same thing. After much thought, I forgot EA is publishing the game and give it a play all over the winter time in 08.....and my god WHAT A GAME. To me this rates up there with the best of the horror games imo.
The gameplay is just amazing with great controls to add to it & wicked weapons to rip apart emeries into tiny little pieces with. Along with the weapons you get Stasis, which is a tool that you can use to freeze emeries with and also slow down malfunction doors, wires, etc. Quite cool but it's sometimes a pain, especially at the start of the game when your not experience enough. Cause it keeps running out and it's empty at the wrong time when your surrounding by emeries & out of ammo. But that's when the kinesis module comes in handy, which you can push & pull objects or whatever you can find. A bit like the force pull & force push and it's a good thing. Cause you can like pick up exploding barrels which safe my arse bunch of time when I was playing it. So the kinesis module rocks.

The graphics are awesome which is no surprise since this game has been publish by EA (Who are well known for the awesome graphics in their games). EA are back on winning form by releasing good games after good games since 08 imo (Well except for NFS Swift, that was piss). And it all started with Dead Space. They really done well with this game which is are really scary indeed and will please every horror fan out there with plenty of blood & gore in it to give the Saw series the chills. Also the story is brilliant, which has some shocking moments in it and plenty twist & turns to keep the gamer going back for more. So in the end of the day this game is a must have from me and one of the best games EA has made in a long long time.
9
Near Perfection but almost. Still recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment